MBA Announces 22.9% surge in net revenues and 13.7% growth in net profit for full year 2018
MBA announces 22.9% surge in net revenues and 13.7% growth in net profit for full year 2018
Opened 68 new stores to bring total to 460 stores by end 2018
Jakarta, 14 th May 2019 – PT Map Boga Adiperkasa Tbk (MBA), a subsidiary of leading lifestyle retailer PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk (MAP), today held a Public Expose and announced its financial results for full year 2018, along with strategic initiatives for 2019.
For full year 2018, net revenue increased 22.9% to Rp 2.5 trillion – up from the Rp 2.05 trillion posted during the corresponding period in 2017. Operating profit was Rp 172 billion while normalized net profit surged 13.7% to Rp 120.5 billion compared to Rp 105.9 billion in the corresponding period in 2017.
Fetty Kwartati, Director of MBA said, “Despite macroeconomic challenges, shift in consumer behavior and market surprises, MBA was able to achieve the performance targets that was set for fiscal year 2018. Crucially, we continued to innovate and invest in our brands as we further strengthened our market position in Indonesia.”
Some of our key initiatives in 2018 include:
- Opening of 68 new stores to bring our net total to 460 stores by end 2018.
- Venturing into 2 new cities to widen our penetration to 31 cities.
- Acquisition of Genki Sushi (and PAUL Bakery in January 2019) to strengthen our brand portfolio
- Construction of Starbucks DEWATA Bali – the biggest Starbucks Reserve in South East Asia (official opening in January 2019). This is a one-of-a-kind coffee sanctuary that features a working farm, designed to take guests on a holistic seed-to-cup experience.
- Launched the Starbucks “Greener Nusantara” movement, where we now see all Starbucks stores in Bali carrying ‘greener’ material, including wooden stirrers, recyclable paper bags, strawless lids, durable paper straws and cups made from post-consumer recycled PET based components.
Going forward, MBA will continue to operate with our essential ingredients at the core: continued focus on our 7 world-class brands, emphasis on delivering enhanced experiential stores and innovative product launches at premium locations, up-scaling of our digital transformation, strong passion with continuous development of our people, and being more purpose-driven by going deeper with the community.
At end of 2018, MBA has 460 stores in 31 Indonesian cities. Currently, its diversified premium F&B portfolio includes Starbucks, Pizza Marzano, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery, Godiva, Genki Sushi and Paul Bakery.
About PT Map Boga Adiperkasa Tbk
Purveyor of high quality F&B, MBA is home to the world’s most iconic F&B brands in Indonesia. With over 470 stores and 31 cities as at end of April 2019, MBA strives to be in all convenient locations where Indonesians work, eat, entertain & travel. Founded in 2004 as a business division under PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk, the leading lifestyle retailer in Indonesia, MBA is listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange since 2017.
For more information, please contact:
Fetty Kwartati – Director
PT Map Boga Adiperkasa Tbk
Sahid Sudirman Center 30th fl.
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 86
Phone: 021 8064 8567, Fax : 021 574 0150
Email : email@example.com